Wednesday, January 27, 2010

'08 THROWBACK!!!!

This entry comes from a reminder I received today of what the Lord spoke to me in September 2008 and I have to say, as I re-read it, I am once again in awe of God and how He moves; putting everything in place in His own perfect timing and as He sees fit. With 27 days into 2010, the Lord is making me a firm believer that I shall see what I have said and what I say... Lord, help me to mind my words, that they align with your word, plans and thoughts for my life and the lives of others, in Jesus' name - Amen... Enjoy!

(Danielle, there's your 2010, it was all wrapped up in 2008... Call those things that are not, as if they were - because they are. Thanks for helping me stay focused...)

Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light'. (Matthew 11:28-30 NLT)

Today, God is speaking to those who are tempted to grow weary; you're tempted to be weary of what's being done, what's not being done, what's being said, what's not being said, what has happened; what has not happened; what is seen and what is not seen. Basically, there is no rest and no comfort. You've grown out of a current situation; yet have not received or come into your new situation. (What this looks like is, a child's pair of pants that have become too short, but instead of being replaced with a new pair, the hem is continued to be let out. This can cause the child to feel discomfort, because not only are they too short, but also too tight. The child may also feel embarrassed by the way he looks to others, in the pants that are obviously too small.

This is what is taking place in the Body of Christ; many have taken on a new look; new speech; new attitude; new desires; new (deeper) love for God; and new understanding for who God is and what He desires for our lives and the lives of His people. We're feeling the shift of 'New Beginnings', and while this is an exciting shift, many have forgotten or just failed to realize that in order to receive and/or come into anything new, something old has to move [die] (a metamorphosis must take place). While we celebrate the life of a new born baby, oftentimes, we dismiss the fact that the metamorphosis that is taking place is because this baby had become cramped and hard pressed on every side, forcing him to move from [die to] the only life ever known, in the womb; and yet, this is still glorious... What an awesome exchange of death to life!

And what an awesome exchange Jesus offers to us, especially during this season of transition. The Scripture tells us to learn of Him - come unto Him and take knowledge of who He is and what He did (why His yoke is easy and His burden light). And so, I'm reminded of His transition from heaven to earth and back to heaven, where He sits at the right hand of God, the Father. On earth, He endured 33 years of an uncomfortable situation (not fitting in where He was, yet not fully ready to come into His new place/position/situation/dwelling). What did He do? He prayed; He fasted; He healed; He taught; He listened; He visited the shut in; He did the most unto the least; He loved; He forgave; He spent time praising and glorifying His Father; and instead of murmuring and complaining, He cast His cares upon His Father—confident of His great concern for Him; He lived; He died; and He LIVES with resurrecting power.

How are we going through this transition? Have we completed the metamorphosis, which is to die of ourselves (our flesh) and surrender to living a life of power and rest [in Him]? We are created in the image of God, so heaviness, weariness and burden do not fit us. As with anything that does not fit, we eventually need to get rid of it, and exchange it for something new.

Prayer: Lord, there are some thoughts, attitudes, behaviors, people and positions that no longer fit into my life. I give them to you, for your Word tells me to cast my cares upon you, because you care for me; and you also said you would give to me the garment of praise in exchange for the spirit of heaviness. Forgive me for trying to carry that which is too heavy for me - I give it ALL to you and today, I take upon me your yoke, for it is easy and light. Exchange! In Jesus' Name - Amen.

1 comment:

  1. hey mom,it was awesome.you r just a wonderful writer i wish i could write like you.it really explained alot even though i did not understand some of it.my fav part was when the boys pants were to tight that means to me his parents did not care about and he needed the power just like ur blog was sayin,well thats wat it means to me.im just happy that i have nice clothes that are not showin off my booty..lol...im also glad i have a mom who loves me...keep movin forward is my motto hope you follow it to. luv ya.......see ya and let me have a blog girl..lol you are an amzing woman of God..

    ReplyDelete